A MARINE FACILITY ADJACENT TO THE HEART OF COROMANDEL TOWN
The aim of the Pita Street Development Company is to establish a marine basin and service facility near the centre of Coromandel Town which provides the following:
- A ferry landing terminal and Ferry based in the centre of Coromandel Town with direct daily services to and from Auckland City.
- A central facility for fishing charter operators based in Coromandel Town
- Hardstand storage for between 35-53 boats up to 12 metres in length.
- Dry stack boat storage for 210 trailer boats up to 12m in length.
- Temporary short-stay wet and dry marina berths within marina basin.
- Channel dredging to provide all-tide access to and from the harbour via Furey’s Creek right into Coromandel
- Town and to provide all tide access to hundreds of recreational boats launching weekly from the adjacent
- TCDC boat ramp at Patukirikiri Reserve.
- Provision for marine fuelling facility, sewage pump out and potable water.
- Marine side residential apartments privately funded development adjoining the marine basin.
- Car parking and toilets for facility users.
- Formation of Pita Street and Strongman Road and associated public parking and facilities.
ALL TIDE ACCESS TO AND FROM THE HARBOUR
The aim is to dredge the channel to provide all-tide access to and from the harbour via Furey's Creek right into Coromandel Town. This will also provide all-tide access to recreational boaties launching from the adjacent boat ramp at Patukirikiri Reserve.